- Free Freeware
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Sep 16, 2018
- [+] More Details
A review of FileOptimizer by Felix Cheng
File Optimizer is a small and handy tool which can optimize files on your system by compressing them.
The application supports many different types of files, the most popular being images files in the BMP, JPG, PNG and TIFF formats; documents like PDF, DOCX, XLS and many others.
The File Optimizer utility is pretty easy-to-use with its straightforward interface which allows users to add files and process them in batch. It also supports dragging and dropping files in to the interface.
The interface includes a list of files while including information about individual files like the original size, the optimized size and the status.
Several options are included in the "Options" menu including the ability to customize parameters for various types of files such as CSS, EXE, GZ, HTML, PDF, MP3, PNG, XML and ZIP, among others. Optimization levels can be configured for these file types in various different forms (compression, remove meta data, convert to eBook).
The developer of File Optimizer suggests the application is useful for a variety of users including web developers, administrators and basically anybody who wants to save some space and bandwidth.
Overall, File Optimizer is a really cool application which allows users to save space when storing and transferring files with a very long list of file types supported.FileOptimizer features and highlights:
- Simple program interface
- Easy to use
- Several third party tools integrated in one same tool (plugins)
- Easy automation via command-line
- Speedup file transfers no matter if they are in email attachments, P2P or shared upload servers
- Webmasters can increase the page load speed
- Web developers to reduce content weight
- Desktop can reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times
- Reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times
- Server administrators can integrate FileOptimizer via command-line
- Content creators and distributors can reduce content weights
FileOptimizer is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from file archivers without restrictions. FileOptimizer 13.20.2377 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This file optimizer software is filed under:
- FileOptimizer Download
- Freeware File Archivers
- Open source and GPL software
- Major release: FileOptimizer 13.20
Compatibility with this file optimizer software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version may be available from Javier Gutierrez Chamorro.
We have tested FileOptimizer 13.20.2377 against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans.
Screenshots of FileOptimizer (2)
- GIF OptimizerFreeConverterOptimize animated GIF file. Compress GIF and save up to 90% file size